The rise of buttock surgery
Thanks to Kim Kardashian, Jay Lo, Zahia, or Amber Rose, bombs with ultra-bulging buttocks, for making popular this once taboo operation. HA, Autologous Fat Grafting, implants, butt lift ... here is an overview of this surgical procedure that took off on social networks.
The end of a taboo
The demand for rebounded and opulent posterior is now well established in France. According to a Harris Interactive survey, 38% of women would like to change their buttocks, which is not to displease their companions.
Arrived from the United States via Brazil, Butt procedures took up residence in France. A popular trend confirmed: "The demand is growing and Marseille is one of the cities where we practice this intervention the most. The selfies highlighted the flaws, and the laptop screen became the new mirror. The Beyoncé or Kardashian phenomenon encouraged other women to assume that the gluteus is part of the sexual attraction.
The first age group is 25 to 30 years old and wants to accentuate their sexual attractions, Influenced by American series and social networks. During the first consultation, they show a gluteal Instagram shot of their preferred behind and ask for the same. The second age group is 45 to 55 years old who have lost their curves with age and pregnancy. After having breast implants, they choose to enhance their self-confidence by boosting their butts.
Indications of HA injections: under which circumstances is the use of HA recommended
For skinny people who do not have enough fat to collect, it is possible to increase or restore volume with a highly volumizing hyaluronic acid. This technique is suitable for moderate augmentations and is indicated to fill unsightly dips and improve the curve.
Also requested for specific events or circumstances, for instance, a model before photo shooting or before going on special holiday … also for those who do not have financial limits. The disadvantages are precisely the budget (mainly the price of the product) and its resorbable nature (in reality is more an advantage than a disadvantage because permanent fillers induce long-term catastrophic complications.
The injections performed under local anesthesia are done with the cannula, and the product is injected under the skin (between the skin and the muscle). The result is immediately visible and last from 12 to 24 months.
1. The drawing is essential to do in front of the mirror to locate precisely where the patient wants the filler;
2. Local anesthesia is made at the entry points, usually, two per area to cross the tunnels; the holes are made with a trocar or blade 11;
3. Anesthesia of the concerned area is injected with a mixture of saline solution with epinephrin, xylocaine, and bupivacaine;
4. Then, the product itself is injected with a long (15 cm) and thin (16G) single-use cannula. Three ways to determine the quantity of the HA: the budget available to the patient (backward reasoning, it means normally we define the procedure and then we calculate the fee, here the contrary, we ask the budget amount available to the patient then we estimate the number of syringes); the surface of the area to be corrected and the desires projection. On average, we can use between 2 and 10 syringes per buttock.
5. To finish, we perform dressing thanks to occlusive one for each hole.
Postop recommendations and Recovery period
Aches and pains are inexistent or moderate, lasting on average 24 hours or 2 days, without social eviction.
During these 2 days, avoid the sitting position. "I ask patients to sit on their thighs, stand or lie on their stomach or side to relieve pressure on the operated area, to prevent the filler from escaping through the holes". To help, take painkiller as paracetamol (never aspirin) and apply cold gel packs for pain or a slight fever.
Also during these 2 days, I ask for cleaning with a flannel, no showers or baths.
Managing complications or side effects
The HA absorbs itself leaving a small lumpy area; for the superficial or palpable, we could use an antidote: the Hyaluronidase.
When the patient suffers from other infections, such as flu or bladder infection… he or she might experience redness around the injected area. In this case, reassure the patient, that it isn’t an infection just an inflammatory reaction, and advise to cool the area and the redness will disappear.
With the growing popularity of non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures for the body, ensuring a high safety standard has become a priority at Genefill.
If you are interested in getting to know more about our products or our treatments you can contact us and we will do our best to bring you the most accurate information.